South Jersey Water Heater Repair, Replacement and Installation Services
At Hess Plumbing, we promise to provide our South Jersey neighbors and local businesses with reliable water heater support. We have earned a solid reputation for high quality service, exceptional customer care and affordable prices.
Whether you need your water heater repaired, brought up to code or replaced, our team of expert plumbers can help. For service in Camden County, Burlington County, Gloucester County, Cape May County or Atlantic County, call (856) 889-0500 or (609) 515-5150 or fill out the customer request form to make an appointment that fits into your busy schedule.
Hot Water heaters are often very reliable appliances and often last around 8 to 10 years. Your water heater’s longevity depends on many factors, which include:
- Proper water heater installation
- Water heater location
- The quality of your water heater
- Water heater tank type
- Water heater’s usage/demand volume
- Water heater maintenance
- Corrosivity of your homes water
- Mineral content or hardness of your home’s water
And while it is every homeowner’s goal to get as much use out of their water heater as possible, we can all agree that the best time to replace your water heater is before it leaks and floods your basement with water. Once your water heater starts acting up, begins to shows signs of wear and tear or stops heating your water, call Hess Plumbing and one of our skilled plumbers will diagnose and repair the problem with your water heater in no time at all.
Most Common Hot Water Heater Issues
Because we believe an informed customer is a happy customer, below are some common water heater issues, causes and recommendations.
- Popping sound coming from water heater – your water heater’s temperature is set too high and the water is boiling. No repair is necessary-just set your temperature to a lower setting.
- Water heater doesn’t produce hot water – this is likely an issue with the heater’s gas pilot, gas pilot control valve or gas thermocouple. In these cases repair or replacement will be necessary. At Hess Plumbing we offer same day and emergency service and are just a phone call away, (856) 889-0500 or (609) 515-5150.
- Running out of hot water – any of a variety of causes from your water heater being too small for your house, a faulty installation, venting issues or it could be that your water heater’s fill tube is corroded or broken. During the colder months, it may be a result of a down draft in your chimney or because the colder water cannot be adequately heated because your water heating capacity is only 32 btu’s rather than 40 btu’s. In any of these cases, we recommend having your water heater checked out by a knowledgeable technician who can diagnose and repair the problem quickly and correctly.
- Rust colored water or rotten egg smell – corrosion or a buildup of bacteria inside the tank can cause water cleanliness issues. This may be fixed with a professional water heater cleaning or might require replacement.
- Water leaking – valve leaks can be caused by overheating or over pressurization, while tank leaks or plumbing connection leaks can be caused by corrosion. At Hess, our skilled plumbers will diagnose your water heater’s leak and perform the necessary repairs to get up and running again.
- Water Heater Failure – excessive sediment along with high heat and pressure over time will cause the glass liner of the water heater to crack. Once the liner is compromised, the water comes in contact with the steel tank and begins to rust. This inevitably leads to a leaking tank or a burst water heater. In either case, you will need the expertise of a plumbing professional to access your problem and replace your water heater.
- Low hot water pressure – sediment build up in your tank may cause your water heater’s water lines and faucets to clog and decrease hot water pressure.
No matter what problem you’re having with your home’s hot water heater, we are happy to help. If you have any questions about your water heater or need immediate service, please call Jack at (856) 889-0500 or (609) 515-5150 and we will be on the way!
Below is a list that includes a few water heater repairs common to South Jersey homes and businesses:
- Water heater repair
- Water heater replacement
- Water heater installation
- Hot water heater repair
- Hot water heater replacement
- Hot water heater installation
- Tankless water heater repair
- Tankless water heater replacement
- Tankless water heater installation
- Gas water heater repair
- Gas water heater replacement
- Gas water heater installation
- Electric water heater repair
- Electric water heater replacement
- Electric water heater installation